Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Madrid and More...and more and more and more

*Sidenote: I started writing this post PRIOR to my Gran Canaria trip, but I'm going to finish this one and THEN move on to G.C. I'm catching up...no worries!*

Hola :)

Spring break just passed and my PARENTS WERE HERE! It was so much fun having them here with me, and it was definitely a nice touch of home - just what I needed. My parents ended up getting in town pretty late on Friday night, so I just met up with them and we went to dinner and then started our adventures in Sevilla on Saturday. We pretty much just walked around Sevilla and enjoyed the atmosphere of the city. I think they quickly realized that Spanish food isn't so great - ha - welcome to my life! On Sunday, the rain really began. It rained practically the whole time my parents were in Spain except for the last two days. I was really disappointed because Sevilla has gorgeous weather 90% of the time! I don't think my parents believed me that we actually do have sunshine in Spain, lol.

We decided to go to a town called Rhonda on Sunday. Minus the cold and rain - it is a cute little town with some BEAUTIFUL views!


Rhonda is one of the many "Pueblos Blancos" (white villages) in the Andalucian area of Spain

We returned to Sevilla later Sunday afternoon and had an amazing Italian meal at a cute little, vintage-like, Italian restaurant that was right near the Giralda. That was definitely one restaurant I'll have to visit again before I leave! On Monday, my parents and I did some more sight-seeing and shopping around Sevilla and then that night all of my friends, my family and Kelsie's family went to dinner at a restaurant that used to be old Arab baths. It was a great atmosphere, we had a room to ourselves and another amazing meal that was kind of my birthday celebration in Sevilla. Of course we discovered all of these restaurants I had never been to when my parents were here.


Not the best picture, but it gives the idea of the cute restaurant with our private room.

The next day was my birthday - 21, woooo - and what did we do? We rode in a bus all. day. long. I'm not complaining though. It was a good day regardless and I got to spend it with some of my favorite people. We stopped at a castle on our way to Toledo, Spain.


Such pretty countryside views of Spain! :)

Before we made it to Toledo, we stopped in another small town and got to see lace being made. It was one of the coolest things I had ever seen and made me think of my Grammy!



If you're familiar with Don Quijote de la Mancha by Miguel Cervantes - these are the windmills that are said to have been those in this "Claim to Fame" Spanish story.

A little view of Toledo, Spain from our hotel - where I spent the night of my 21st birthday.


Birthday dinner - ON my birthday in Toledo with my sweet Momma :)

A bunch of my friends after dinner outside of another cute little restaurant. Yes, we pretty much just hung out and ate good meals while my parents were here, but I could ask for nothing more.


Aqueducts in Segovia where we experienced our out-of-the-blue SNOW STORM. It was freezing cold, raining, snowing and none of us were prepared or dressed for the weather. Ha. Needless to say, it was a calm day mostly indoors.


Dad and I in front of the Royal Palace in Madrid on his birthday!


There were tons of street entertainers all around the city of Madrid. My favorite, though, was when we got to see some getting ready for the day.

That pretty much sums it up for Madrid and my parents' visit to Spain. We visited other sites and I absolutely LOVED Madrid. It is like the New York City of Spain, and we all know NYC is one of my favorite places. :) The last couple of days my parents were in Spain they got to see some gorgeous weather, but I do wish the weather had been better while we were in Sevilla. Overall it was a fabulous trip and perfect timing for some family time. I had an amazing birthday and am so blessed that I got to spend it with some of my favorite people. Although, we were definitely missing some!

Once we got back to Seville, we had some perfect weather for going to the river, so here are some fun "rio pics."



Although the river may not be the most glamorous thing in Sevilla, it will be one of my most-missed places. 

That's it for this blog post, but, like I said, I should be getting another one together to catch myself back up and tell all about my trip to Gran Canaria!

Besos,

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment