Monday, January 10, 2011

Mi Casa Nueva

We're all moved in to our host family's house! This morning after breakfast our families were supposed to come between 10 and 11 a.m. Our host brother showed up about 10:50 to get us. Our host mom works during the day. He said the house was really close to the hotel so we would just walk...with our four huge suitcases plus carry-ons and purses. HA!

It wasn't too bad though. He helped us (obviously) and about half way there our host mom was pulled off to the side of the road waiting on us, so we loaded all of our luggage into the car and then we walked - there was no room left for us.

Our house, or apartment, is fairly close to the hotel, our favorite restaurant/bar and The Center.

Mi cuarto! The bed on the left is Kelsie's and mine is on the right.
Our desk and rack with our scarves, jewelry, belts and purses

Our drawers and closet! The drawers underneath our hanging clothes are full of towels, sheets, etc. Everything we own is hanging in the closet (double and triple on each hanger), in our dresser drawers or our night stand. Our shoes are under our beds and then random stuff on our desk and shelves.

Our mucho grande bathroom - I was surprised how big it is. We share this with our host brother.

Our new home is so cute! A lot of the rooms are very skinny but long. There's a living room area and then the kitchen and a small room for eating our meals. When we got back to the house our host mom left to go back to work and our brother told us where we could put everything. We eat lunch around 3 - Kels and I are already starving, so I guess I should eat some gum or mints. The Spanish eating schedule has been the hardest thing to get used to so far.

We are planning on running errands later today and going to get our phones. Here are some pictures I forgot to post yesterday. There's so much going on - I'm trying to keep this updated with everything!

This is our half of a shower in the hotel. You can kind of see that the glass ends half way down the tub...it was pretty difficult (basically impossible) to keep the water in the shower.

Here's our hotel room...it was pretty big too!

Our little European window that we loved so much :) We have one at our new home too, but it looks out onto a little courtyard area and faces our neighbor's window. Apparently there's a guy who sits at a desk right in front of the window, so we have to make sure our blinds our closed when we're changing and stuff, haha.
My first paella! This was the main course we had at lunch yesterday. It is a traditional Spanish dish with rice, peppers, peas, chicken and seafood. You can obviously see my shrimp (with the head AND eyeballs still on it) and the entire shell...I had to peel my first shrimp and it wasn't too bad. It was difficult at first when I was trying to use my fork, I actually gave it to Olivia since she's used to that Cajun food, but then I saw some of our teachers using their hands - so I peeled it right off. It was pretty good, nothing to write home about but I enjoy having the traditional Spanish food that I've been hearing about in Spanish classes for years.

This is the hotel Doña María that we went to the other night. It was the hotel with the roof-top bar that has an amazing view of the cathedral.

That's all I have for now! Hope everything is good back home. :) It snowed in Frisco yesterday! I can't believe that, especially considering it has not been NEAR that cold here. It is actually pretty chilly outside today though and it's clear skies! Miss you all and happy Monday!

All my love,

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment